Earned National Benefits are what we pay to the Local, State, and Federal Governments and then receive in the form of services and benefits. These benefits are what keeps our society strong and civil. They also reflect our values and our national priorities. What do we pay? And what do we earn?
What do our elected officials say about these earned benefits? Do they support them? If not, why not? And are there people we can choose who do support them?
- Social Security – pays a benefit for both ourselves and our spouses when we reach our retirement years, and provides benefits to our spouse and dependent children should we pass away.
- Medicare – pays healthcare when we reach our retirement years
- State Disability – pays a benefit if we should become disabled
- Unemployment Insurance – pays a benefit if we should become unemployed
Other Kinds of Earned Benefits:
- Veteran Benefits – come from serving our country
- Educational Benefits – come from serving our country in other ways